Current Affairs June 2018
1. Which of the following states in India has maximum number of Unesco World Heritage Sites?
[D] Tamil Nadu
2. Who will lead Indian women’s team for the 2018 Women’s Hockey World Cup tournament in
[A] Sunita Lakra
[B] Rani Rampal
[C] Nikki Pradhan
[D] Gurjit Kaur
3. According to data on language released as part of Census 2011, which is the most spoken
language in India?
4. Who has been sworn-in as the first-ever visually impaired judge of Pakistan?
[A] Yawar Ali
[B] Sana Afzal
[C] Yousaf Saleem
[D] Zubair Sabir
5. Which Indian Naval Ship is participating in the 26th edition of world’s largest multilateral
naval exercise “RIMPAC -2018”?
[A] INS Satpura
[B] INS Sahyadri
[C] INS Vikramaditya
[D] INS Kamorta
6. Who of the following have won the World Food Prize 2018?
[A] B. R. Barwale and Surinder K. Vasal
[B] Robert F. Chandler and John Niederhauser
[C] Lawrence Haddad and David Nabarro
[D] Hans Rudolf Herren and Gurdev Khush
7. Who has authored the book “Ahimsa”, which sheds light on India’s freedom struggle?
[A] Shantanu Duttagupta
[B] Amala Shankar
[C] Supriya Kelkar
[D] Nandi Katheria
8. Which country to host the 2018 ICC Women’s World T20 tournament?
[B] New Zealand
[C] West Indies
[D] South Africa
9. Who has been crowned as the India’s first Tribal Queen?
[A] Panchami Majhi
[B] Rashmirekha Hansdah
[C] Tulasi Munda
[D] Pallavi Durua
10. Who has won the 2018 Formula One French Grand Prix tournament 2018?
[A] Valtteri Bottas
[B] Lewis Hamilton
[C] Max Verstappen
[D] Kimi Raikkonen
11. What is the theme of 2018 International Day against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking?
[A] Listen First
[B] Lets Develop
[C] Say No!
[D] Value yourself
12. Which movie has won the Best Picture Award at the International Indian Film Academy
(IIFA) awards 2018?
[A] Tumhari Sulu
[B] Hindi Medium
13. Which village panchayat of Haryana has passed a resolution “No Toilet, No Bride”?
[D] Ishapur Kheri
14. The first edition of naval exercise “Coordinated Patrol (CORPAT)” will be conducted
between India and it’s which neighbouring country?
[A] Sri Lanka
15. Which country’s researchers have developed the world’s smallest computer “Michigan Micro
[A] United States
16. Which Indian swimmer clinched gold in men’s 50 meter breaststroke event at 2018
Singapore National Swimming Championships?
[A] Virdhawal Khade
[B] Arvind Mani
[C] M M Sahu
[D] Sandeep Sejwal
17. What is the theme of the 2018 International Yoga Day (IYD)?
[A] Yoga for Peace
[B] Yoga for Health
[C] Yoga for Harmony and Peace
[D] Yoga for Peaceful Mind
18. Which Indian sportsperson has won the Sports Illustrated’s Sportsperson Of The Year award
[A] Kidambi Srikanth
[B] Manav Thakkar
[C] Jitu Rai
[D] Shubhankar Sharma
19. The 2018 Ambubachi Mela has started in which state?
[C] Arunachal Pradesh
20. Which city has set a Guinness World Record (GWR) for largest number of people
performing yoga at one place at the same time on 2018 International Yoga Day (IYD)?
[D] New Delhi
21. Who has been crowned Femina Miss India World 2018?
[A] Shreya Rao
[B] Anukreethy Vas
[C] Meenakshi Chaudhary
[D] Neelam Khurrana
22. Which renowned personality has been appointed as the Brand Ambassador of the Sikkim
[A] Akshay Kumar
[B] Sachin Tendulkar
[C] Virat Kohli
[D] A R Rahman
23. Which Indian Armed Force is observing the year 2018 as ‘Year of Disabled Soldiers in Line
[A] Indian Army
[B] Indian Air Force
[C] Indian Navy
[D] Indian Coast Guard
24. Who has won the 118th edition of the US Open Golf Championship 2018?
[A] Brooks Koepka
[B] Patrick Reed
[C] Dustin Johnson
[D] Tommy Fleetwood
25. Who has become the first woman Indian Air Force (IAF) fighter pilot from South India?
[A] Asistha Singh
[C] Bhawana Kanth
[D] Meghana Shanbough
26. Which city to host the 106th Indian Science Congress (ISC-2019)?
27. Anil Kumar clinched gold in the 10m Air Rifle event at the 18th KSS Memorial Shooting
Championship 2018. He is native of which state?
[A] Tamil Nadu
[B] Madhya Pradesh
28. The National Institute of Yoga (NIY) is located in which city?
[C] New Delhi
29. Who has become the first-ever Indian batsman to score a century in the first session of a Test
[A] Shikhar Dhawan
[B] Murali Vijay
[C] Virat Kohli
[D] K L Rahul
30. Which country has approved a deal to sale of AH-64E Apache attack helicopters to India for
[C] United States
31. Which of the following countries to host the 23rd FIFA World Cup 2026?
[A] US, Canada and Mexico
[B] Brazil, Chile and Argentina
[C] Brazil, Mexico and Spain
[D] Thailand, Indonesia and Vietnam
32. The 22nd edition of the trilateral naval exercise “Malabar 2018” has started between India
and which of the following countries?
[A] Russia and Japan
[B] Japan and United States
[C] Nepal and Bangladesh
[D] Vietnam and United States
33. As per which inter-connectivity project, the Government of India (GoI) has launched 5,000
Wi-Fi Choupals in villages?
[A] Project Insight
34. Which country to host the first military exercise of the BIMSTEC group focusing on counter-
35. Which country’s women cricket team has clinched the Asia Cup Twenty-20 tournament
[A] South Korea
36. Who has won the men’s singles French Open tennis tournament 2018?
[A] Novak Djokovic
[B] Dominic Thiem
[C] Roger Federer
[D] Rafael Nadal
37. Who has won the women’s singles French Open tennis tournament 2018?
[A] Simona Halep
[B] Garbine Muguruza
[C] Angelique Kerber
[D] Serena Williams
38. Anu Kumar has won gold in which sports at the 2018 Asian Junior Athletics Championships
[C] Triple jump
[D] Hammer throw
39. What is the theme of 2018 World Oceans Day (WOD)?
[A] Prevent oceans from plastic pollution
[B] Our Oceans, Our Future
[C] Healthy Oceans, Healthy Planet
[D] Preventing plastic pollution and encouraging solutions for a healthy ocean
40. Ashish Jakhar has won gold in which sports at the 2018 Asian Junior Athletics
Championships in Japan?
[B] Triple jump
[C] Hammer throw
41. Who has become the first Indian cricketer to score 2,000 runs in T20 International Cricket?
[A] Mithali Raj
[B] Virat Kohli
[C] Rohit Sharma
[D] Harmanpreet Kaur
42. Maria Fernanda Espinosa has been elected President of the 73rd United Nations General
Assembly (UNGA). She is foreign minister of which country?
43. The biopic “The Making of the Mahatma” has been screened in South Africa to
commemorate the 125th year of Mahatma Gandhi’s Satyagraha. The biopic is based on which
[A] The Essential Gandhi
[B] Apprenticeship of a Mahatma
[C] Satyagraha in South Africa
[D] Gandhi on non-violence
44. Which country is the global host nation for the 43rd edition of World Environment Day
(WED -2018) event?
[C] South Korea
45. India’s first advanced DNA forensic laboratory will come up in which city?
46. Indian Navy has recently rescued 38 stranded Indians from cyclone hit Socotra Island. The
Island is located in which country?
[B] Saudi Arabia
47. The first official World Bicycle Day (WBD-2018) is observed on which date?
[A] June 1 [B] June 2
[C] June 3
[D] June 4
48. Kendrick Lamar has been honoured with the 2018 Pulitzer Prize for music. He belongs to
[A] South Africa
[B] United States
49. Who has been appointed the new General Officer Commander-in-Chief (GOC-in-C) of
Northern Command (Indian Army)?
[A] Ranbir Singh
[B] Sarath Chand
[C] Devraj Anbu
[D] Manoj Mukund Naravane
50. Patanjali has tied up with which telecom company to launch Swadeshi Samriddhi SIM cards?
[B] Reliance Jio
11. A 12. A
38. B 39. D
Download Defence Officers Academy Current Affairs June 2018