Current Affairs May 2019
Who has been named the 2019 footballer of the year by the football writers Association
a) Lionel Messi b) Raheem Sterling c) Neymar d) Francesco Totti
2. Who has been appointed as the new Vice Chief of the Indian Air Force (IAF)?
a) Om Prakash Mehra b) Anil Khosla
c) Rakesh Kumar Singh Bhadauria d) Dilbagh Singh
3. Which Indian golfer has won the outstanding achievement as a player award at the 4th
edition of the annual Indian Golf industry association (GIA) awards?
a) Shiv Kapur b) Gagan Jeet Bhullar c) Anirban Lahiri d) Rashid khan
4. Which country has launched the 45- day ‘Mt. Everest Cleaning Campaign’?
a) China b) Bhutan c) India d) Nepal
5. Which of the following cities has set a new Guinness World Record for the number of
National Flags raised in a city for 24 hours?
a) Beirut b) Riyadh c) Abu Dhabi d) Manama
6. Claire Polosak, who became the first female umpire to stand in a men\’s ODI, is from
a) West Indies b) South Africa c) New Zealand d) Australia
7. What is the name of the 2019 International Labour day (ILD)?
a) Celebrating the international Labour movement
b) Let’s value work by providing the jobless with start- up capital support
c) Sustainable Pension for all: The role of the social partners.
d) Uniting Workers for Social and Economic Advancement
8. India’s biggest stucco sculpture has recently unearthed in which of the following states?
a) Telangana b) Andhra Pradesh c) Tamil Nadu d) Kerala
9. Which country has recently honored 1971 war hero Lt. Gen JFR Jacob with a plaque on
Ammunition Hill Wall of Honour?
a) Russia b) Israel c) Bangladesh d) Nepal
10. Which hockey player has been nominated for the 2019 Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award?
a) Chinglensana Singh Kangujam b) P R Sreejesh
c) Akashdeep Singh d) Romesh Pathania
Click here to download