What is Territorial Army (TA)
The Territorial Army of Indian is an auxiliary military organization of part-time volunteers that provides support services to the Indian Army. It is composed of officers, junior commissioned officers, non-commissioned officers and other personnel holding ranks the same as in the Indian Army, who also have civilian occupations. The role of TA is to relieve the regular army from static duties and assist civil administration in dealing with natural calamities and maintenance of essential services and to provide units for the regular army as and when required. The most important thing to note about TA is that it is only for the civilians and personnels who have served the regular army, Navy, Airforce, Police, GREF, Para military and other forces are not allowed to apply.
Join Defence Officers Academy, the best defence institute to the top level preparation to crack the TA exam.
Like all defence-related organisations, the Territorial Army (TA) comes with its own set of eligibility criteria. In this article ,we will be discussing the required documents, eligibility criteria, requirements and exams conducted for Territorial Army.
Eligibility conditions for TA-
- Age Limit: The age limit for the Territorial Army is 18 to 42 years as on the last day of filing of application.
- Educational qualifications: A candidate for TA must be a graduate from any recognised university. No specialised educational background is required.
- Nationality: As far as the nationality for Territorial Army Eligibility is concerned, the candidates must be Indian. No other nationality will be accepted.
- Physical Standards: A candidate must fulfill all medical and physical requirements as stated by the Territorial Army. For fitness qualification, candidates must serve physical and medical certificates to the authorities for further procedure.
- Employment Criteria: This criterion is unique amongst all defence entrance exams. A candidate must be gainfully employed in order to be a part of the Territorial Army.
Documents needed to prove Territorial Army Eligibility
- All educational qualification certificates from Class 10th onwards.
- Latest physical fitness certificate from MBBS doctor.
- Identity proof with photograph which Voter ID/PAN Card/Aadhar Card/Passport/Driving license etc)
- Domicile/ Residential proof.
- Age proof certificate (Matric/ Senior Secondary mark sheet & certificate for verification of date of birth).
- Service certificate to be served by candidates employed in Central Govt/ Union Territory/ State/Semi Govt. / Private Sector Authenticated by Head of the office along with Governmental documentation.
- Self-employed candidates are required to submit their attested documents stating the nature of employment and annual income certificates.
- Ex-Service Officers whose names vary in documents should submit a copy of the Gazette notification of India and also a copy of the release order.
- Copy of release medical board proceedings.
- Latest income proof from the appropriate authority (i.e. Income Tax Revenue Department / Magistrate / Employer).
- Copy of PAN Card.
- Copy of Aadhar Card.
- Copy of Certificates / Reports of all Courses.
TA Exam selection process-
The selection process in TA has three stages:
The selection process for civilians in the Territorial Army Exam involves three stages.
The first is PIB which involves a written exam. The second stage is SSB which is a personality test. And the final stage is medical. The different stages are explained below.
- Shortlisted candidates will be called for the screening test to the respective territorial army headquarters for a Preliminary Interview Board (PIB) and written exam. The board will check all the essential documents.
- After clearing the PIB, candidates will be called for the SSB Interview. Here all the candidates will be tested for physical and mental abilities.
- After clearing SSB, all the candidates will be called for a medical examination.
TA Written exam pattern
For the written exam, the pattern includes 2 papers with 200 questions and 200 marks. The time duration of each paper is 2 hours. Required subjects for this exam are Mathematics, Reasoning, General Knowledge and English. 50 questions for 50 marks are asked for each subject.
|Sections||Exam Duration||Total Marks||Total Number of Questions|
|Paper 1||Logical Reasoning||2 Hours||50||50|
|Paper 2||General Knowledge||2 Hours||50||50|
Defence Officers Academy: Best defence institute in Dehradun
Defence Officers Academy is a premier institute for RIMC, RMS & SAINIK SCHOOL exams in Dehradun.
The institute prepares the aspirants in 3 different platforms for these exams.
1. Offline Classes: The most preferred platform is the OFFLINE CLASSES where excellent monitoring of a student is done by us and a proper follow-up is done by a student. This leads to excellent growth of a student in his overall academics and personality.
2. Live Classes for RIMC: The second most preferred platform is the #LIVE Classes where one to one monitoring is possible with proper follow-up of a student. A complimentary online course is provided to a student so that proper practice and revision can be done in the free time.
3. Online Courses (Recorded videos): Last but not the least, the online courses have recorded videos prepared by Suraj Sir which covers the complete syllabus and a student gets the complete course at one time and can prepare the lectures according to his time convenience. Doubts will be resolved through audio or video call.